Parent Support Advisor
My name is Sharon Cantrell. I have worked at Stoke Damerel Primary for 9 years.
I am a non-teaching member of staff, my role within the school is to offer support and confidential, impartial advice to you on any concerns or queries you may have however small, relating to home or school issues. I may not have all the answers, but I will do my best to support you and if necessary direct you to the right person or agency to help you.
A Parent Support Adviser is a FREE, CONFIDENTIAL service.
I can support you in lots of different ways. All meetings and discussions with me are strictly confidential unless there is concern for the wellbeing of either yourself, your child/children or another person.
I am able to offer support in the following areas:
- Provide information about services and sources of help.
- Attend meetings with you, for moral support, to ask questions or to take notes.
- Help complete forms/paperwork.
- An unbiased ear and a friendly face which offers a shoulder to cry on (tissues provided).
- Supporting you with transition periods.
- Signposting you to other services.
- Adult learning opportunities.
- Behaviour strategies.
- Relationship break ups / Divorce / separation.
- Debt / benefits.
- Housing issues.
Being a parent or carer is one of the most rewarding and difficult jobs and at times may feel one of the loneliest. There aren't any instruction manual’s that come with a child, yet we all want what's best for our children and we can all benefit with a little help from time to time.
I am here to support you as your child goes through their schooling at SDPA.
Remember, YOU are the biggest influence in your child's life!