In January 2014, Weston Mill Primary School, Stoke Damerel Primary School and Stuart Road Primary School decided to become foundation schools and form the Education Through Enterprise Trust.
Two other organisations, the Dame Hannah Rogers Trust and City College Plymouth joined as partners alongside the Co-Operative Movement.
Leaders of each organisation believe strongly that by working together they can achieve significantly more than they can by working alone. The Enterprise aspect of the trust is to regularly reinforce learners' skills and knowledge in real life, ambitious projects that mirror the range of job opportunities and further training they will meet when they leave school.
We believe that being in a trust will help us to:
· Improve outcomes for all of our students in all of our schools.
· Support each school to become and stay outstanding.
· Strengthen our ability to work collaboratively to enable our schools to grow, develop and improve together.
· Formalise arrangements already in place for joint working.
· Develop skills and expertise of staff across all schools.
· To provide wider life experiences to our children and families.
· To develop work and social skills for life.