Parent Support Advisor
My name is Sharon Cantrell. I have worked at Stoke Damerel Primary for 9 years.
I am a non-teaching member of staff, my role within the school is to offer support and confidential, impartial advice to you on any concerns or queries you may have I may not have all the answers, but I will do my best to support you and if necessary direct you to the right person or agency to help you.
I am able to offer support in the following areas:
- Provide information about services and sources of help.
- Attend meetings with you, for moral support, to ask questions or to take notes.
- Help complete forms/paperwork.
- An unbiased ear and
- Signposting you to other services.
- Adult learning opportunities.
- Behaviour strategies.
- Relationship break ups / Divorce / separation.
- Debt / benefits.
- Housing issues.
Being a parent or carer is one of the most rewarding and difficult jobs and at times may feel one of the loneliest. There aren't any instruction manual’s that come with a child, yet we all want what's best for our children and we can all benefit with a little help from time to time.
I am here to support you as your child goes through their schooling at SDPA.
Remember, YOU are the biggest influence in your child's life!